Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cinema Style Apartment Envy

I've never been a fan of walls defining space, and my post about repurposing old windows yesterday reminded  me of why I wanted them in the first place. I remember the first time I watched High Fidelity and saw Lisa Bonet's character's apartment, I died and went to funky, bohemian, studio apartment heaven. The wall of windows that separated her bedroom from the rest of the apartment was envy inducing genius. I wanted to be her, and live in her fabulously eclectic artist pad, and somehow channel her hip downtown cool vibe. Needless to say, I am still me, living in my house, and giving off my own quirky vibe. However, the desire still lingers to someday live in a perfectly derelict studio apartment, with rough brick walls, exposed pipes, concrete floors, and no walls, to create my own little artists haven in. Here are a few other stylishly cinematic enviable abodes.


Marie De Salle's in High Fidelity
{via}
{via)


Holly Golightly's in Breakfast at Tiffany's
{via}
{via}

























































































































Carrie Bradshaw's in Sex and the City
{via}
{via}
{via}


Molly Gunn's in Uptown Girls
{via}
{via}


Amelie's in Amelie
{via}
{via}
{via}


Alex Owen's in Flashdance
{via}
{via}


Sadie's in Across the Universe
{via}
{via}
{via}


Satine's in Moulin Rouge
{via}
{via}

{via}
{via}
I think I could make this list go on forever. Oh the magic of movies! I would love to crawl inside the screen and live the life of any one of these characters as long as I got to go home to their respected movie home at the end of every day. And besides, most of these characters end up living happily ever after, which isn't so bad. Who's movie house would you like to live in?



1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!