Monday, September 19, 2011

Chandelier Makeover

Having just moved into our new place, it is filled (of course) with basic ugly fixtures. Our dining room chandelier is no exception. It is a plain, cheap, gold mess, that is in desperate need of a face lift. I would like to find a way to dress it up in stead of replacing it. I was thinking of spray painting it a brass color, or something else that might not be so noticeable when we move out. I don't want to do anything that I could be charged for, but I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if it meant not having to look at it in its current state for the next year or so. Here are a few inspiring DIY makeovers from other creative minds...

{via}
{via}
{via}
{via}
{via}
{via}
{via}


I think this last one is going to by my project of choice. Keith just cut down a huge hanging branch from one of the trees in our backyard. I can cut off the smaller branches, wire them together with floral wire, and spray paint the whole thing. I might even be able to get it done this week. I'll show you all as soon as it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!