Monday, September 26, 2011

Pallet Coffee Table

I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally show you this finished project! I have been dreaming about this for so long, and to see it completed is such a dream come true. After some convincing, Keith snagged a few pallets for me and I wasted no time getting started.


I used the blue paint from the old apartment.


I wanted to do some green detailing but painted over it in the end.


We wanted to top it with a large piece of glass, but decided it would be cheaper to pull apart another pallet and make one solid piece.

 
We stacked the solid pallet on top of an empty pallet frame, painted, and added casters.


And for this finished project...







I am absolutely in love with this! This spaces around the sides are perfect for storing DVDs, magazines, books, etc. We are thinking of adding in one more pallet to make it a little taller, but it's so wonderful the way it is now. What do you think?





2 comments:

  1. So cool! I love how you have storage for books and DVD's. I'm also a fan of completely changing a project midway if it isn't working. :-)

    I'd love to feature this post on my blog.

    Michelle

    from Trash to Treasure Decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a labor of love for sure. I'd love to be featured in your blog!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!