Monday, March 12, 2012

Storage Bench Makeover

I have this wonderful old storage bench that my aunt gave me years ago. I recovered it shortly after she gave it to me, being that the fabric was something of a rough, scratchy, eye-sore. After going through a few moves, then sitting in storage in my parents workshop, it was stained and needed a good bit of TLC and a makeover. This time around, I decided that it would become bench seating for our dining table, so I wanted something that would complement the beast. I cheated a little, in that I never removed the original fabric. It was underneath this gold stuff, and I left it under the new fabric as well. I'm not completely confident in my reupholstering abilities, so I did what I thought I could handle. Here's how it went...

Where it started.

The new fabric.

To remove the top of the bench.

Removing the upholstered part.

Removing the staples from the old fabric.

To attach the new fabric.

Nice clean edges all stapled in.

And she is finished!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!