I've had this Driftwood from our family's lake house laying around our house for months. I used them for centerpieces at our wedding, but they've become clutter since then, and Keith has been bugging me to get rid of them. They were such good pieces, I didn't want to toss them. So, I found a fun use for them; a hanging mobile!
First, I gathered up most of the pieces and picked out some paint colors.
Then, I painted stripes haphazardly on each.
Lots of colors!
I went to the hardware store and bought washers and eye hooks.
I then used a drill to pre-drill holes for the eye hooks.
Then, screwed two into each piece of driftwood.
Finally, I used pliers to pull apart the eye hooks enough to get the washers in them, and linked them all together.
And viola`! A hanging mobile!