Monday, April 15, 2013

Map Anniversary Gift

I am so excited about this project! I've seen so many adorable anniversary and wedding gifts on Etsy and Pinterest that involve maps. Some marking the place where a couple met, where they were married, where they got engaged, or where they lived. Most of them are framed. I wanted to try something a little different. I wanted to use some of the wood slices I got from my Mom, and I wanted to give the wood burner another spin.I also made a matching card and envelope. Let's look at how I did it!


I found a map of the place where they were married, and printed it up along with
the date of their wedding, and a heart.


I sanded down the wood slice so the images would transfer better.


I used a trick I found on Pinterest, using newspaper to transfer images.


I used a jigsaw to cut out the heart. I actually had to drill a hole in the center
first so that I could cut with the jigsaw.


After I cut the heart out, I burned in the wedding date.

Apparently, I was a little rough, and had a few breaks, which I tried a 
little super glue on.


I cut the map into a circle, then a slightly larger piece of cardstock to go
behind it. 


I used a staple gun to attach them to the back. I put in a few extras where
the breaks were to try and give them more support.


And the final result! 
I actually decided to add more staples to the top and sidesfor support,
 but made it look like a little extra embellishment. 
(Shhh! Don't tell!)


Here is the card with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!