Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Little Glass of Water

{source}

I had the strangest revelation yesterday. I spent the afternoon hiking to a little swimming spot with a few friends yesterday, in the sweltering Texas heat. I was a puddle by the time we got to the water. Rough. While there, my husband called to let me know that my brother in law was in town, and that we were going out to dinner with him later. Yikes! We hung out a bit, then made the grueling trip back. I cleaned my myself up, we loaded up, and headed out for dinner.

By the time we chose a restaurant and sat down, my legs started aching. A feeling I had known all too well as a child. I used to get such bad leg pains, I would be up crying at all hours of the night. My mother would cover my legs in Absorbine Jr, or a heating pad, and I would wait for the pain to subside. While sitting at dinner last night, I told my husband about my situation, as I rubbed my sore pegs. He told me to keep drinking water. A short time later, the pain began to dissipate. I was dehydrated! Duh! I never played sports, where coaches know about these things, so I never knew. I guess my parents didn't connect the dots either. All those nights, sitting up crying, and all I needed was a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!