Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Gallery Wall


I have been wanted to show you my holiday gallery wall, but have been a little behind lately. I changed it up this year. Last year it was comprised of holiday themed plates alone. This time around, I wanted an interesting and festive collection that tied in with the color scheme I chose for the dining room. As always, I spend as little as possible, and get as creative as I can. I scoured Pinterest for inspiration, and here's what I came up with.


 This plate was one of three I used. I purchased it from a thrift shop last year, and used gold porcelain paint to add the deer to the center.


I make sure I always have natural elements throughout my house, especially during the holiday season. I saw a painting similar to this, and decided to make my own version in my colors.


A classic holiday phrase that fits perfectly into any dining room setting. A simple wooden plaque from the craft store and acrylic paint brought this cheery sign to life.


Another easy project, this K was a large unfinished wooden letter from the craft store, also embellished with acrylic paint.


One of my favorites, (also keeping with the natural theme) this is simply a small canvas wrapped in burlap and painted with white acrylic paint.


This sweet little bird was too cute to pass up at half price, and he fits in perfectly!


A Christmas tree cut out of gold craft paper, mounted on a piece of burlap, and framed in an old thrift shop frame, bring all of the elements together.




These snowflakes and deer where inexpensive craft store purchases last year. A little paint helps them tie in wonderfully. 


All together now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!