Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Tablescape


I feel like it's been so long! Well, it has been a while. I got so busy with working at the Texas Renaissance Festival, that I just got backed up on everything else.

But, I'm back now and I've got some holiday fun for you! I've been working on getting the house all dressed up in its holiday duds, and I'm going to start by showing you my easy holiday tablescape!

The best way to start is to pick a color scheme. I went with colors that I already had. My table is turquoise, and I just bought a green table cloth and curtains. My seating bench for the dining room table is upholstered in a green and turquoise patterned fabric, so my color direction was simple to choose, and my house being so packed with color, made it easy to pull from. I wanted to throw in blues, golds, and silvers, to add depth to the varying tones of green.

You can find fun things to mix in at your local thrift store, dollar store, and discount stores. So, keep an open mind when approaching projects like this, and always have fun!


The candle holders, Christmas tree, and glass jars were purchases from my local thrift store, and I picked up these cute little silver reindeer from Walgreen's for just $3.99 each!


I picked this table cloth up for around $8 at Ross, and thought it would be quite versatile throughout the year.


I just picked up these square white plates recently at Dollar Tree, and they are great for mixing and matching! The place mats, and plates were old purchases from Ross, and I just love them.


The napkins and napkin rings were wedding gifts, and work wonderfully with this setting. I simply tucked holiday sprigs from the craft store into them to dress them up. The glasses I picked up at Wal-Mart a few years ago in various colors. 


The ornaments were a new purchase from Hobby Lobby, which I got for half off!


I love having rough and natural elements throughout my house, so I threw down a stretch of burlap atop the table cloth to bring that touch into the setting.


You can see a little peek of my seating bench here.


I just had this fantasy of making this gorgeous hanging centerpiece, and tucked in some clippings from the tree into the fixture to add texture and interest.


I found these gorgeous shatter-proof glittering ornaments at Hobby Lobby for half off as well! They really just make the whole thing pop and sparkle. I'm so in love!


This little guy was a great inspiration for my color selection, so he just had to come home with me!

I hope you love my tablescape as much as I do, and are inspired to pull together something gorgeous for you own home!

Check back this week to see my new gallery wall for the dining room as well!


2 comments:

  1. Hi I have been looking everywhere for a particular item that you posted and I am curious if you might be willing to sell it?
    You can reach me vie email bridgettebrill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I have been looking everywhere for a particular item that you posted and I am curious if you might be willing to sell it?
    You can reach me vie email bridgettebrill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!