Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Featured Etsy Shop: Butterfly Warriors

 

Katy Z is an Etsy shop owner who has an interesting story behind what drives her business. Diagnosed with Leukemia in 2009, at the age of five, her son Sammy was able to fight and beat the disease with treatment. These treatments are made available through research and study, which need funding. That is where her motivation comes in. Katy makes affordable jewelry for her shop Butterfly Warriors, to help raise money and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and to help others fight these terrible diseases. She donates $2 of each sale to her son's fundraising team.

 "I began crafting handmade jewelry as a way of taking my mind off the struggles we faced as a family during my son's treatment. I fell in love with the process of designing and creating jewelry and pushed myself to learn new techniques. People kept asking me to make items for them and then a friend suggested I started selling on Etsy. That became the perfect way to add to my son's fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I found a way to combine my mission and my passion!"  -Katy Z.

You can read more about Katy, Sammy, and his story here.

Please pay a visit to Butterfly Warriors, and make a purchase to help Katy raise money for research. These make wonderful gifts, and are a great way shop for a cause! 

Here are just a few items from her shop.












1 comment:

  1. Thank you for helping to raise awareness, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!