Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches

Here is a super fun and easy summer treat that anyone can make! Have kids or just a sweet tooth? Then this is for you! 

I myself have a soft spot for sweets, and decided to whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies over the weekend. Not to toot my own horn, but I think they were my best batch yet. It really is all about timing. There were so many, and it being just the two of us, I knew the hubby and I would never finish them, so I concocted the idea to make ice cream sandwiches in order to use them up. During our trip to the grocery store on Sunday, I picked up a gallon of a good ole Texas staple, Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Growing up, the creamery was just a 40 minute drive from my hometown, so you can bet I made my fare share of trips to take a tour and get all the yumminess I could handle. What a happy surprise to find my childhood favorite all the way our here in Virginia!

I now had all I needed to make some tasty treats! This couldn't be easier. You can bake up a batch of your favorite cookies, or hop over to the grocery store to pick some up. Grab two, add your favorite ice cream in the middle, and you've got yourself the perfect warm weather dessert! I wrapped mine up with cling wrap and threw them all into a large freezer bag to make sure they stay fresh and delish.

This would be a great little dessert to make for a bbq, party, or get together. Throwing a Fourth of July celebration? Impress your guests with these homemade goodies! You could even kick them up a notch by rolling them in colorful sprinkles, chocolate chips, or nuts! You could even set up a station, and let people make their own. Be creative and enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!